Superior academic offerings, exceptional fine arts options, superbly trained and motivated educators, and modern facilities provide a winning combination for today's students, and tomorrow's leaders.
Centerville Senior High School offers:
- State of the Art Technology: One to one computing, an automated library, 802.11n wireless network. The high school gigabit LAN is connected to the corporation WAN. We are connected to the Internet with a 100 Mbps fiber optic circuit. The Journalism/Yearbook class has fourteen computers that do all the desktop publishing.
- Five years of Math including Pre-Calculus and A.P. Calculus.
- Four years of French and Spanish, AP Spanish and A.P. French Language.
- A.P. Calculus, A.P English Literature and Composition, A.P.Chemistry.
- Competitive speech team, marching, symphonic, jazz, and concert bands, concert and jazz choir, academic competition, and athletics.
- Excellent Journalism and Yearbook facilities and equipment.
- Excellent Kehoe Performing Arts facility.
- A new computerized library with excellent facilities
- Dedicated and experienced staff.
- Vocational Educational Program that features a work-study program.
- Eight block schedule that allows students to take up to eight academic and elective courses of interest each semester.
- Community Service opportunities for seniors are offered.
- Swimming Pool and two gymnasiums.
- Internship and Job Shadowing opportunities for students.
In the fall of 1995, Centerville Senior High School implemented the eight-block schedule. This schedule consists of four 90-minute periods each day which alternate over a two-week period. This schedule was implemented in order to:
- Allow for students to earn a minimum of seven credits a semester
- Provide more time for students to organize and prepare for fewer daily classes
- Provide longer time for teaching without interruptions
- Allow more efficient use of time by reducing the number of passing periods
- Allow students to meet Core 40 requirements and still have room in their schedule for elective classes.
Guidance and Counseling Services Offered:
Visit the Guidance Department's web site for a detailed list of services.
- Academic Competition in Math, Science, Social Studies, Fine Arts, English
- After game dances
- Art Club
- Bulldog Networking Club
- Chess Club
- Class Officers
- Dances-Prom (Spring), Homecoming (Fall), Christmas, and after game dances
- Drama Club
- Executive Council
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- French Club
- Green Club
- International Club
- Joe Mason Spanish Club
- Key Club
- Leo Club
- Model Legislature
- National Honor Society
- Peer Helpers
- Photography Club
- Play Production
- Spanish Club
- Speech Team
- Student Government
- Students Against Drunk Driving
- Varsity C
There are six teams involved in academic competition. There is a team in each of the following subject areas: English, Fine Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies. There is also an all-round team, which covers all five-subject areas. The teams compete in the Eastern Indiana Academic League, as well as in regional and state events. There are six meets in our season.
One purpose of Academic Competition is to recognize student academic achievement.
Centerville Senior High School was the 1993 State Champion in Fine Arts Class 3 in the Ameritech Hoosier Academic Super Bowl.
1988 Fine Arts 3rd Place
1990 Fine arts State finalist
1996 Fine Arts 3rd Place
1997 Social Studies Finalist
1998 Math Finalist
2003 Science Runner up
2003 Math Runner up
2004 Social Studies Runner up